Join us for Diwali in India: an incredible journey awaits you!
Diwali, the Festival of Lights, happens once a year. For many, this is a lifelong dream to be able to experience this beautiful holiday, that also pays homage to Lakshmi, Hindu Goddess of wealth, fortune and prosperity.
Imagine a sea of lights, floating down the Ganges, in Rishikesh, India. Tiny boats made from leaves, cloth wicks burning ghee and dancing in the current. Next November you can be placing your own prayer boat in the river.
enLIGHTened India: 10 days in Rishikesh $2,500.00
We have planned many special moments for our group. Here are just a few that are included in your tour:
- 10 nights at the Hotel Nirvana Palace (rates based upon double occupancy)
- Traditional vegetarian Indian cuisine, 2 meals a day
- An Ayurvedic Spa Treatment of your choice at the hotel Ayurvedic clinic
- Visit to a sacred Shiva cave
- Ceremony for our Ancestors on the banks of the Ganges (with opportunity to bring ashes for blessing and releasing)
- Daily yoga and meditation
- Dip in the sacred Ganges
- Dinner in a Rishikesh home with after dinner Q&A about cultural practices
- Special evening of palm reading, henna, street food and group talent show
- Visit to Maharishi Mahesh Yogi’s ashram (aka the Beatles’ Ashram)
- Special fire ceremony and satsang at Parmarth Niketan Ashram
- Free time for shopping, relaxing and exploring this gem of a city
- Optional outings during free time for hiking, waterfall swims, white-water rafting and more!
- Farewell Banquet
Exciting Options to add-on to your Tour:
- Old Delhi by bicycle rickshaw & the Taj Mahal – one of the 7 Wonders of the World. (October 31 – November 1)
- The Golden Temple in Amritsar – a sacred site that many dream of visiting some day. We will visit Anandpur Sahib, known as “City of Bliss”, home of Guru Gobind Singh and final resting place of Yogi Bhajan. (November 13 – November 19)